It is a wonderful sight to see different skincare product options on the beauty store shelves! While this comes across as a blessing, this can also overwhelm and confuse the consumers. Consumers want it all – a radiant skin that is well hydrated.
Many people often have confusion about face masks and scrubs- how to use one, when to apply, and their benefits.
Before delving deeper into the subject, let’s first understand the basics:
What is a Face Scrub?
Face scrubs are made of coarse ingredients that exfoliate and cleanse the skin. When you apply a face scrub, the particles rub against the skin and remove all the deep-seated dirt, grime, and debris from the pores. It makes your skin smoother and softer. The commonly used ingredients in a facial scrub are natural ones like apricot seeds, crushed walnut shells, elderflower extracts, and oatmeal. These tiny microparticles cleanse deeper than any regular face wash to reveal clear and brighter-looking skin.
Suggested Product –
- YouthRx Active Anti Ageing Exfoliator – Lotus Herbals
- Lotus Herbals APRISCRUB Fresh Apricot Scrub
- WhiteGlow Skin Brightening Oatmeal & Yogurt Scrub – Lotus Herbals
- Probrite Illuminating Radiance Gentle Exfoliator – Lotus Herbals
How & When to Use a Face Scrub?
Scrubbing or exfoliating skin is recommended for all skin types to get rid of dead cells and clogged pores. It is recommended to exfoliate at least twice a week unless you have sensitive skin.
Here are a few easy steps to use the face scrub:
- After cleansing your face with a gentle face wash, apply a natural face scrub on the damp skin. Do not apply it on sensitive areas like under your eyes and the upper lip.
- Now, gently massage in circular upward motions using the length of your fingers. This relaxing action helps stimulate the blood circulation in your face while making it appear plumped and rejuvenated later.
- Apply a natural face scrub on the damp skin after massaging the scrub for about 3-5 minutes, wash it off with cold or lukewarm water. Never use hot water on your skin. Using cold water to wipe your skin ensures that your pores get closed.
- Follow it up with a face pack to seal the open pores.
What is a Face Mask?
A face mask helps refine your pores, minimise fine lines, even out skin tone, boost skin hydration, and make your skin appear firmer, younger, and brighter.
Choose the mask based on your skin type and the issue you’re trying to address by it. For instance, a yoghurt-based face mask helps brighten skin, a tea-tree oil-based face mask is excellent for oil control, clay white masks are good for skin brightening, and a fruit face pack/mask help refresh and rejuvenate your skin.
Suggested Product –
- WhiteGlow Skin Brightening Yogurt Masque – Lotus Herbals
- YouthRx Anti Ageing Firming Face Masque – Lotus Herbals
- TEATREECLEAR Anti-Acne Oil Control Tea Tree Face Pack – Lotus Herbals
- CLAYWHITE Black Clay Skin Brightening Face Pack – Lotus Herbals
- FRUJUVENATE Skin Perfecting & Rejuvenating Fruit Pack – Lotus Herbals
How & When to Use a Face Mask?
Using a face mask once or twice a week is highly recommended to help brighten, firm, and rejuvenate your skin. The best time to use a face mask is after thoroughly cleansing your skin, or better still, after you’re done exfoliating it. Applying a face mask on freshly exfoliated skin helps make it more receptive to the ingredients in the face mask and let them penetrate deeper into the skin.
- After removing the face scrub, apply a thick layer of face pack evenly spread over your face and neck.
- Leave for 10-15 minutes
- Wash your face with cold water.
Since different face masks have different textures and desired results on the skin, choose the one that best suits your skin concern and regime.
What is the Difference Between a Face Scrub and a Mask?
Face scrubs and face masks have two different purposes. Face scrubs have coarse granules that help remove dirt and dead skin cells, while face masks are targeted towards achieving a specific result like treating dryness or acne. Deciding which one is better depends on your skincare needs and the problems you want to address. It is advisable to combine both of them to get the best results. Use these products twice a week to get clear and glowing skin:
- Facial foam
- A face scrub made from natural ingredients
- Fruit face mask
- A basil or cucumber toner
- Vitamin C serum
Now that you know the difference between a scrub and a mask, you can use the right one for your skin type.
Read More About Health N Psychology.